Welcome to Rockford’s newest cultural, arts and community resource. Located at 118 N. Main St., Rockford, the 30,000-square-foot facility provides a multi-use performance and classroom venue for the region’s performing arts and technology training needs. The entire building is equipped with high-speed Internet and Wi-Fi access. Inside you’ll find the 280-seat J.R. Sullivan Theater, multiple meeting and classrooms and the state-of-the-art Walmart Computer Classroom.
Recently renovated, the J.R. Sullivan Theater offers a venue for RPL and community events ranging from band and dance performances to theater and multimedia productions. Enhancements include new lighting, audio and projection systems. Twenty-four moveable LED lighting fixtures allow for unlimited lighting and special effects. A commercial-grade wireless digital audio system and full-screen projection system provide breathtaking sound and movie experiences. The theater also offers a lobby with full service bar, box office, dressing rooms, and backstage area with loading dock.
Funded by a $50,000 grant from Walmart, the computer classroom offers some of the latest technology and software. Features include a UBI projector that turns any surface into a touchscreen, a 3D printer and 15 computer workstations. They’ll be used to help RPL provide the community with a wide variety of computer and technology courses – all at no cost to cardholders. Classes range from tutorials on popular software like Excel, PowerPoint and Quick Books to courses that show you how to design a website, program your iPhone, create a resume and more. Check the program calendar to see available classes.
The Nordlof Center also houses a children’s art studio, rehearsal room and three more classrooms. They’re used for a variety of RPL programs, including young adult movie nights, children’s events, English classes, and adult programs. Check the program calendar for dates and times. These multi-use rooms are also available to rent for sales training, business meetings and other get-togethers.
On Tuesday, November 5, 2013, the Nordlof Center hosted a Laser light show using a newly installed state of the art LED lighting and sound system. Luxe Productions recorded the live demonstration. The link below is a six and one half minute video showing just a few of the many features available with the new systems. For rental information, please contact Holly Gleason, Nordlof Center Manager at email@example.com.
- Small multipurpose room/ or old Sullivan theater board room. Occupancy 34
- Walmart computer class/ or old Sullivan theater small multipurpose room. Occupancy 49
- Sullivan theater rehearsal room ( large room with mirrors and curtains) occupancy 155
- Sullivan theater large multipurpose room. Occupancy 127
- 2nd floor break room /or old Sullivan theater design studio. Occupancy 30
- The music room /or old Sullivan theater medium multipurpose room. Occupancy 108
- Children’s art room / or old Sullivan theater art studio. Occupancy 49
- Adult art room/ or old computer room. Occupancy 79
- Black box theater in basement/ or old Sullivan theater children’s theater. Occupancy 195
- Storage room for old theater lights/ or old Sullivan theater costume shop. Occupancy 168
- Green room /or old Sullivan theater green room. Occupancy 34