Rockford Public Library Calls for Teen Artists to Submit 2007 Logo Designs
"Battle of the Bands" event seeking new logo by a young artist
Rockford Public Library is hosting its 2007 Battle of the Bands, a music competition for bands with members ages 13-21, in October of 2007 but they are looking for a new logo now. The library has recently announced the “Battle of the Bands” logo design contest open to young artists 21 years or younger. The winning logo will be used on Rockford Public Library’s website and on all promotional materials leading up to the event to be held during Teen Read Week, October 14-20, 2007.
Criteria for submission of a logo for consideration include:
- Artists must be 21 years of age and younger.
- Entries must be submitted with an entry form, available on the Rockford Public Library website.
- Entries must be free from obscenities, drugs, alcohol, sex, or any other subject matter not suitable for a family audience and must be original work (no copyrighted characters).
- High resolution (300 dpi) electronic files in the following formats are recommended: jpg, eps, or tiff.
- Work done by hand must be turned in on a 8 ˝ by 11 inch sheet of paper.
“Last year’s Battle of the Bands was a very successful program and we are excited about adding the logo design contest to the mix,” said Frank Novak, Executive Director of the Rockford Public Library. “The event can now showcase the musical and artistic abilities of our local teens.”
Entries must be received by 5:00 p.m. Tuesday, May 1, 2007 to be considered and may be submitted electronically to email@example.com or mailed to Battle of the Bands,
Rockford Public Library, 215 N. Wyman Street, Rockford, IL 61101.
About the Library
The Rockford Public Library, founded in 1872 as the second library in Illinois, currently has six facilities, including the Main Library and five Branch Libraries. The Rockford Public Library’s mission is to enhance community life and development by informing, educating, entertaining, and providing cultural enrichment to all people of all ages by collecting information to address the diverse interests of our dynamic community.
215 North Wyman Street, Rockford IL 61101, Phone: 815-965-7606, Fax: 815-965-0866